28 Jan Acumatica Summit 2020 Day 1 Keynotes
Acumatica announces JAAS acquisition, Batchmaster Developer partnership, Acumatica Payroll, BDO alliance, Smartsheet integration on January 27, 2020 in Las Vegas, NV.
Acumatica, the world’s fastest-growing cloud ERP company announced record attendance of more than 2,500 visitors, partners, media representatives and analyst participants at its annual Acumatica Summit. Arcus Universe CEO, Colin MacMillan, has attended the Day 1 of #AcumaticaSummit
The Impact Customer of the Year
At the opening keynote of the Acumatica Summit, CEO Jon Roskill celebrated the company’s customer-centric culture, highlighting Power Storage Solutions as its Customer of the Year and Food Maven – a socially conscious company bringing agility and flexibility to the U.S. food system — as the Impact Customer of the Year. Spokesmen for both companies emphasised how Acumatica Cloud ERP helps them innovate and succeed in today’s new digital economy, citing the adaptive Acumatica’s platform, business functionality, and customer-friendly business practices as the key reasons for choosing Acumatica.
Power Storage Solutions had 5 different systems for business process management before they were changed to Acumatica. Separately these systems worked perfectly, but when the integration was required it was impossible to make them all work together. The company needed one working solution and the selection and implementation of an ERP should have been done in only 6 months. Power Storage Solutions spent close to 90 days to get data from different systems they were using and pull them into Acumatica, create dashboards and reports. This allowed them to achieve 6% increase in bottom line.
Most Acumatica partners have great missions. But some of them have outstanding ones. It was very difficult to select among all Acumatica clients, but the winner FoodMaven is focused on global mission – to cut inefficiencies in food and to fight pollution on Earth. They say “We see a future where all food is used.” And Acumatica helps this mission to become reality much faster and easier. Greg Lems, Director of Engineering at FoodMaven informed that they look for food that is oversupplied, working with restaurants, hospitals, supermarkets, etc. and with the help of integration of their marketplace and Acumatica functionality they can offer this food to those who need it with really good discounts.
“Acumatica is dedicated to helping our customers achieve digital transformation,” said Jon Roskill, CEO of Acumatica. “How Cloud ERP technology can streamline operations and improve business efficiency are nothing short of exceptional, and Acumatica’s product is second to none.”
R&D = Customer Success
The first day’s keynote was filled with notable announcements, including:
- The release of the new Acumatica 2020R1 Payroll module, followed by an exclusive CFMA offer for potential customers of Acumatica Construction Edition – CFMA membership 1 year free for Acumatica users, and access to 9000+ community members in construction space.
- Commerce edition improvements now make it as easy as possible to deliver high-quality services for companies using BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, Woocommerce, etc.
- Acumatica announced also changes in its Manufacturing Edition, which was possible due to the acquisition of JAAS Systems. JAAS Systems is a leading provider of manufacturing automation software, active in the industry for more than 20 years. JAAS Advanced Manufacturing Software (JAMS), is based on the Acumatica Cloud xRP platform. It can be integrated with Acumatica’s Financial Management, Distribution Management, Customer Management, and Project Accounting Modules.
- One more important announcement was about the alliance with BDO, one of the foremost US-based accounting and business consulting firms. This initiative was created to meet the needs of SMBs marketplace. This cooperation is supposed to help to boost the growth of Acumatica’s VAR(Value-Added Reseller) ecosystem.
- Also, a new integration of Acumatica with Smartsheet was announced. Smartsheet is a cloud-based SaaS platform, a visual project scheduling tool, which helps companies to plan, manage and automate work processes and make project professionals’ lives much easier. It’s already available in the Acumatica Marketplace. This integration can be used to reschedule tasks and resources much faster and without any problems. It is a very useful tool for companies that need to perform back-office processes, including project costing, purchase management and processing business expenses.
Mike Arntz, Chief Revenue Officer at Smartsheet, noted that this integration with Acumatica is addressed to the growing need of mid-market companies for an end-to-end platform that provides real-time visibility into workflows and streamlined business operations.
Jon Roskill, Chief Executive Officer at Acumatica, also announced several very important milestones, achieved in 2019. Acumatica currently has more than 6,500 customers and celebrates the 7th consecutive year of industry-leading revenue growth. Acumatica is currently working with over 200 ISV partners (Independent Software Vendors) and 80+ Acumatica MVPs (Most Valuable Professionals). It was also mentioned that Acumatica now has a healthy stream of capital injection from current management company EQT, as well as the possibility to cooperate with sister companies. Jon Roskill also announced that Acumatica focuses on practical features and improvements to solve customer problems, presenting new releases every 6 months. All core modules got many useful updates.
Further notable achievements by Acumatica during 2019:
- Winner, G2, User Satisfaction Ratings
- Winner, G2, Best Usability
- Leader, G2, Midmarket
- Leader, G2, Momentum
- Highest Usability, Nucleus Research, ERP Technology Value Matrix
- Editors’ Choice, PCMag, Best ERP Software
- Champion, Software Reviews, Emotional Footprint
- Major Player, IDC MarketScape Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Manufacturing ERP Applications Assessment
- Major Player, IDC MarketScape Worldwide Cloud and SaaS ERP Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Applications Vendor Assessment
- Visionary, Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Core Financial Management Suites for Midsize, Large and Global Enterprises
Where is Acumatica going, what’s the future direction?
Jon Roskill informed that Acumatica is focusing on three core things:
- Platform and technology leadership
- Business functionality
- Industry solutions
And still, Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning remains a top priority, as well as to be a fully platform-independent solution, which can be easily turned into a competitive advantage in the future.